How to choose a business name that is going to represent you and your type of business just right? Here are some do’s and don’ts you need to keep in mind when choosing a name!
Choosing a name for your business company may seem like the least worrying and least urgent thing, but this name has the power to make or break your business’s success and brand reputation.
In this article, we are not going to mention the legalities of choosing a business name such as registering, trademarks, protecting, and etc. but we are going to offer naming suggestions by considering important do’s and don’ts. So if you want to choose a business name that is going to represent you and your type of business just right, here is what you should and shouldn’t do:
- Run a few Google searches to discover if the name you want pops up
- See if the potential business name you want to use is available on social media
- Ensure the words you use are clear and understandable and they can be easily translated into other languages.
- If you are having troubles finding appropriate existing words, you can always make a name up (just make sure the name is plain and simple)
- Pick a name that describes the personality of your business and what it does
- Present the potential business name to your target customers and ask them what emotions the name provokes
- Ask yourself – how does the name look in the minds of your customers. Consider the visual elements of the name.
- Research and analyze competitors names to make sure your name stands out
- Pick a name that will stay relevant tomorrow and for years to come.
- Register a certain business name without checking if similar domain name is available
- Register the first good name you will find. If you think you’ve found the perfect business name, at least sleep on it and brainstorm to see whether it is the right choice for you.
- Go with a boring descriptive, unclear or long name
- Limit yourself to the English language. Sometimes, foreign words can work as well.
- Only consult with family or friends for help and opinions. The opinion of other people is important as well.
- Use your own name if you are planning to sell your business later
- Use punctuation marks and special characters
So, are you ready to choose the perfect name for your business?
“Businesses should think of service as a journey. Asking where they are today and develop a strategy that is brand appropriate and measurable..” Top stuff from @jasperbelluk on customer service in the age of assistance via @Digitaldoughnut https://t.co/QAP2dSkyfu … @amazeltd
— Realise (@realisetweets) 27 de noviembre de 2017
Here you can see more articles about Free Online Logo Maker Click